Mental Health Family & Peer Support Groups
NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation's largest grassroots mental health organization. Join us for the Family & Peer Support Group on the second and fourth Wednesday of every month at Compass Behavioral Health in Carson City.
What is a NAMI family support group?
- A free, confidential support group for loved ones of people living with mental illness.
- Fosters group discussion and interaction.
- Led by trained volunteer facilitators who have a loved one with a mental illness.
- Does not recommend or endorse any medications.
- Solve problems by using the combined wisdom of group members.
- Families join a caring group of people that encourage, support and empower each other.
- Families are no longer alone and have a renewed sense of hope.
What is a NAMI Connection Support Group for Peers?
- A free, confidential support group for adults living with mental illness.
- Discusses personal challenges and recovery.
- Led by trained peer facilitators who are experienced in living well with mental illness.
- Share coping strategies and offer one another support and understanding.
First time attendees, call to register and confirm meeting. Kathy at 775-225-1952 or Pat at 775-882-6905.