Get Your Hands Dirty
Clay Creations is a unique opportunity to explore a different art medium. Unlike drawing and painting working with clay is a very tactile, hands on experience that for some is very therapeutic. Working in a three-dimensional aspect accesses a different part of the creative process and is very rewarding. For those wishing to learn how to throw a bowl or mug or wanting to get back into the clay world this is for you. In addition to learning about wheel throwing we also offer hand building classes.
Clay Creation Classes:
Beginning Wheel Throwing – This is a beginner class focused on the fundamentals of throwing, trimming and glazing. There’s a new class at the beginning of each month. Each class is 8 sessions at $125.00 per person and includes all materials (Clay for 4 pieces, use of equipment & tools, and firing for both bisque and glaze).
Hand Building Ceramics – This is a beginner class that explores the foundational skills including: slab building, coil building, extruder building, functional, sculptural and decorative building. This is a 4-session class and a new project will be introduced at the beginning of each month. The fee for this class is $125.00 per person and includes clay for 2-3 projects, studio use of equipment, tools, firings both bisque and glaze as well as glazing. Alternative finishing techniques may be introduced as well depending upon the project being taught.
- 3 Hour Wheel Introduction Class $65.00 per person including materials/instructions
- 3 Hour Basic Hand Building Sculpture Class $50.00 per person including materials/instructions
- Beginning Wheel Throwing 6 class session every Saturday from 10-1 and 1 evening during the week of your choice (2.5 hours) $205.00 per person includes materials and instruction
- Beginning Hand Building 6 class session every Saturday from 2-5 and 1 evening during the week of your choice (2.5 hours) $195.00 per person includes materials and instruction
- Beginning Painting – An introduction into the basics of painting for the serious artist. Times and dates to be determined
- Figure Drawing Tuesdays – Every Tuesday come and hone in your figure drawing skills from 7-9, $35 including materials or bring your own materials for $20 per person. Class is subject to cancellation based upon attendance, call studio for confirmation